Prior to entering one of Driving Sports’ events, all cars must undergo a scrutineering process to ensure they comply with requirements. If your vehicle does not comply with our standards, it will not be allowed onto the track.
- No oil or fuel leaks.
- All wheel nuts must be fitted and tightened.
- No loose or sharp items in cabin. Cars must be presented for scrutineering clear of loose items.
- Cars must have all exterior body panels on and bolted securely. Exceptions are made for front and/or rear panels.
- Front windscreen must not have cracks that obscure the drivers vision.
- Seats must be mounted tightly with all correct bolts fitted.
- No tears, fraying or damage to the seat belt webbing.
- Oil catch cans must be able to contain hot oil safely. Plastic soft drink bottles or tinned cans are not an option. Oil catch cans must be 2 litres or greater. Registered vehicles do not require a catch can if fitted with the standard engine breather system.
- The fire wall must be completely sealed (no holes) from the engine bay to the drivers compartment.
- Front and rear hazard lights must be operational.
- All vehicles participating in night events must have operational front headlights.
- Brake lights must be operational.
- All four brakes must be operational from the foot brake pedal.
- Battery must be firmly clamped and in a sealed compartment box or fitted within the passenger compartment (cable ties are not acceptable).
- Exhaust system must end outside the perimeter of the bodywork. No exhausts are to finish underneath the vehicle.
- Exhausts must not protrude more than 100mm past the perimeter of the rear of the vehicle.
- All fuel system components must be completely sealed from the passenger compartment.
- Cars running external wastegate need to ensure the wastegate exists away from any flammable materials
- No wastegates and/or exhausts are to exit upwards through the bonnet. The maximum vehicle noise emitted must not exceed 95dB (measured at a point 30 metres from the track edge).
- Must be securely attached with screws and bolts.
- Not required for wet pan events.
- Must conform with the:
- Australian Standard: AS1698
- USA standard: Snell SA95, M9 SA95, SA2000
- For open vehicles, a closed face helmet with a visor down is compulsory.
- Drivers and passengers must wear non flammable long sleeve clothing that covers neck to wrist to ankles.
- Fully enclosed footwear made from non flammable materials must be worn.