Prior to entering one of Driving Sports’ events, all cars must undergo a scrutineering process to ensure they comply with requirements. If your vehicle does not comply with our standards, it will not be allowed onto the track.
- No oil or fuel leaks.
- All wheel nuts must be fitted and tightened.
- No loose or sharp items in cabin. Cars must be presented for scrutineering clear of loose items.
- Cars must have all exterior body panels on and bolted securely. Exceptions are made for front and/or rear panels.
- Oil catch cans must be able to contain hot oil safely. Plastic soft drink bottles or tinned cans are not an option. Oil catch cans must be 2L or greater. Registered vehicles do not require a catch can if fitted with the standard engine breather system.
- Front and rear hazard lights must be operational.
- All vehicles participating in night events must have operational front headlights.
- Brake lights must be operational.
- All four brakes must be operational from the foot brake pedal.
- Battery must be firmly clamped and in a sealed compartment box or fitted within the passenger compartment (cable ties are not acceptable).
- Exhaust system must end outside the perimeter of the bodywork. No exhausts are to finish underneath the vehicle.
- Exhausts must not protrude more than 100mm past the perimeter of the rear of the vehicle.
- All fuel system components must be completely sealed from the passenger compartment.
- Cars running external wastegate need to ensure the wastegate exists away from any flammable materials
- No wastegates and/or exhausts are to exit upwards through the bonnet. The maximum vehicle noise emitted must not exceed 95dB (measured at a point 30 metres from the track edge).
- Must be securely attached with screws and bolts.
- Not required for wet pan events.
- Must conform with the:
- Australian Standard: AS1698
- USA standard: Snell SA95, M9 SA95, SA2000
- For open vehicles, a closed face helmet with a visor down is compulsory.
- Drivers and passengers must wear non flammable long sleeve clothing that covers neck to wrist to ankles.
- Fully enclosed footwear made from non flammable materials must be worn.